Frequently Asked Questions
Illustration copyright © 2016 by Tad Hills. Illustration copyright © 2013 by Poly Bernatene.
+Earn FREE Books and More for Your Classroom Library
Scholastic Reading Club helps you build reading enthusiasm in your classroom. Every flyer is curated and leveled just for you and your students—and every order earns you Bonus Bank Rewards for FREE Books, classroom supplies, and much more—helping you to grow your classroom library every month!
+The Benefits of Scholastic Reading Club
Download our newest brochure for everything you need to know about Scholastic Reading Club. Learn about what's new this year as well as all of our programs and initiatives throughout the school year.
+Just-Right Books Kids Can't Resist
Every book in the flyers is handpicked by experts who know what helps students grow as readers. Books are chosen based on your students’ grade level and interests, so it’s easy to help every child find the right titles. And best of all, each month the flyers include a new selection of titles that help support what you’re teaching in the classroom!
+ How Reading Club Works
- Scholastic Reading Club Canada has served schools and families since 1957 by providing affordable, just-right books for kids that are carefully selected by teachers and reading experts. Reading Club supports teachers with FREE Books and resources for the classroom, while helping children discover the pleasure and power of reading each month through choosing and owning their own books.
- Teachers can sign up for Reading Club by selecting Create an Account on the Reading Club Homepage. Teachers can also register with Reading Club and create an account by contacting Customer Service.
- Teachers can then set up online ordering for their classroom. Each month Scholastic sends registered teachers flyers filled with books just right for the grades they teach to send home with students.
- Teachers set a due date for ordering each month and give their students a flyer from each catalogue to take home.
- Parents can submit their child’s Reading Club order and payment through Reading Club Online (if the teacher is opted-in to participate in Student Online Ordering) or by returning the paper order forms along with a cheque made out to “Scholastic Canada” to the teacher.
- Teachers submit a combined class order to Scholastic Reading Club online, by mail, fax, or phone.
- Book orders are sent directly to the classroom.
- With each class order, teachers can earn Bonus Bank Rewards and other rewards that can be used for FREE Books and other classroom resources.
How It Works
+Why Parents Place Reading Club Orders Through a Teacher
Scholastic Reading Club has a unique model. Because we negotiate with other publishers to distribute their books, we’re able to produce more affordable products that are only available for the school market. That means all orders have to be placed through the teacher and delivered directly to the classroom.
+Can Homeschools Use Reading Club?
- Reading Club accounts can be set up for homeschools. Please send a signed letter of verification stating that you are homeschooling your child(ren). Please remember to include the number of children and their ages.
Daycares would need to provide their contact information, physical address and a copy of their license.
Please send letters and documentation to:
Customer Service Database Administrator
Scholastic Canada Ltd.
175 Hillmount Road
Or send us an email or fax:
Fax: 1-800-387-4944 Toll-free
School market restrictions apply to many of the books we offer. This means that we cannot accept orders from home addresses except from a legal home school or licensed day care (which qualify as a school market).
- Reading Club accounts can be set up for homeschools. Please send a signed letter of verification stating that you are homeschooling your child(ren). Please remember to include the number of children and their ages.
Once you've read How Reading Club Works, follow these steps to get started:
1. Teachers can sign up for Reading Club by clicking Create an Account on the Reading Club homepage
2. Request catalogues based on your grade taught
3. Set your order due date
4. Send paper flyers home along with a printable letter that can be found on your Teacher's Desk
5. Submit orders you receive and earn Bonus Bank Rewards
+How can I make ordering easier?
- Write the due date for students on their order forms, and post the date in the classroom. Give students a reminder a few days prior to the due date.
- Enlist the help of a parent volunteer to organize and send in the orders. Have your parent helper set up a phone tree to remind everyone to get his or her orders in on time!
- Get your students involved! Kids love to help hand out the flyers, collect orders and pass out the books. (You'll want to handle the money, of course.)
- The hardest part is keeping track of taxes and handling the loose change. Encourage parents to use Reading Club Online to submit their orders directly to you. The taxes are calculated automatically and there's no cash or cheques to handle!
Here are some terrific tips for making ordering easier:
+Scholastic's 100% Guarantee
Your complete satisfaction is our #1 priority. If for any reason you want to return an item you ordered, we will be happy to give you an exchange, credit, or full refund.
+About Our Books
Our books are curated: Each book in every Reading Club flyer is handpicked by experts who know what helps students grow as readers.
We consider level and interest: Each book is chosen based on students’ grade level and interests, so it’s easy to find right titles for each child.
There is plenty of variety: Titles change each month to include materials that help support what you’re teaching in the classroom.
There’s even more online: The Reading Club website provides the following for each book (when available):
1. Brief summary
2. Sample pages
3. Maturity levels
4. Subject and themes
+Who Can Order from Scholastic Reading Club?
Anyone who is connected to a child’s education can participate in Reading Club.
1. All teachers, librarians, media specialists, and administrators within schools can participate.
2. Teachers in Canada: If you teach in Canada and have a Canadian postal code, you may register as a Scholastic Reading Club customer and place orders.
3. Homeschools: Reading Club accounts can be set up for homeschools. Please contact one of our Account Verification Agents at 1-800-268-3860 to verify your eligibility.
4. Parents whose child’s teacher does not participate in Reading Club: You can place your child’s order with another teacher in your school who is registered with Reading Club. Likewise, teachers can volunteer to accept orders for other classrooms that don’t participate in Reading Club.
Scholastic is committed to protecting the privacy and security of its online visitors.
+Scholastic Reading Club Product Safety
Product safety is one of our highest priorities. All products sold by Scholastic (that are subject to testing requirements) are tested by an independent testing laboratory in accordance with applicable laws and regulations.
+Bookmark Reading Club for Quick and Easy Access
Bookmark the Reading Club website in your browser to ensure you can find it easily every time!
1. Go to scholastic.ca/canadaclubs
2. Select Bookmark This Page in your browser
+Tips for French Immersion Teachers
It can be a challenge to encourage students who are learning French to read and converse in their new language! We’ve put together some ideas and resources to help, such as building a robust French library in the classroom, engaging your students and encouraging parents to build reading skills at home. To learn more, check out our list of tips for French Immersion teachers.
+Parents can Order from Reading Club Online!
It's finally here! Parents can now connect to you online to submit their Reading Club order. When parents submit their child’s order, you’ll receive a notification and know that there is a new Student Online Order waiting for you to review and submit.
When you log in to your account, you can access the orders parents have placed online in your cart or on your Teacher's Desk and add any paper orders you received in class and any personal items you want before checking out all together.
And the best part? Any classroom order you place that includes a Student Online Order will ship for FREE, even if it’s below the minimum.
+How do I get started with Online Ordering for Parents?
It's easy! When you login for the first time you'll be prompted to confirm your participation and make yourself findable to parents. You can also opt-in at any time by editing your Student Online Ordering preferences. Just go to My Account and select Edit beside Student Online Ordering in the Preferences section.
+Where can I access my Student Online Orders?
You can access your Student Online Orders in three places:
1. In Student Online Orders under Enter Orders in the homepage drop-down navigation
2. On the Review Your Cart page, which you can access by selecting the cart icon in the header of your browser.
3. On your Teacher's Desk
+How can I edit a Student Online Order?
Student Online Orders cannot be edited. If you need to make a change to a Student Online Order, you must delete the order (the parent will be notified that you have deleted it and their credit card will not be charged) then ask the parent to place a new order.
+What's New on the Teacher's Desk?
Teacher's Desk has 3 new features under Manage Student Online Ordering.
1. Online Note to Parents: Write a note that parents can access when they login to place their order online.
2. Send a Letter to Parents: Print or email a customized letter to parents letting them know how to order, when orders are due, and any books you especially recommend.
3. Set Your Next Due Date: Set the due date when online orders are due to be submitted to you. Parents see this due date when they shop online.
+Do I still earn Bonus Bank Rewards when parents place online orders?
Of course! You still earn rewards on the books your students order, just like you do now. Student Online Orders can be submitted with your combined classroom order to maximize your classroom rewards.
+Are books ordered online shipped to parents at home?
No. Books will still arrive in your classroom like always.
+Are paper flyers going to be eliminated?
No, paper flyers will still arrive for you to distribute to your students.
+What if I want to order by phone, can my parents still order online?
Absolutely! Customer Service can add the Student Online Orders for you right over the phone.
+ Why can't parents use the original Parent Pay site anymore?
Parent Online Ordering in Reading Club Online is an expansion of the Parent Pay process. The original Parent Pay site has been closed and parents visiting that site will be redirected to Reading Club Online, where they can connect to a teacher and submit their orders along with their credit card payment.
+Signing In to Reading Club
How to Sign In
You need a Reading Club account to sign in and place orders through Reading Club Online.
1. If you have already set up a Reading Club account, go to the homepage to sign in with the email address and password you chose when you created your account.
2. If you do not yet have an account but would like one, you can sign up for Reading Club by selecting Create an Account on the homepage or contacting Customer Service.
Note: If you would like the site to remember your email address, check the Remember Me box, which appears just below the password field. The site will remember and pre-populate your email address for future visits. For security reasons, your password will not be pre-populated.
If you forgot your login information:
1. On the Reading Club sign-in page, select Forgot Your Login Information?.
2. A Forgot Your Account Information? window will open.
If you forgot your password:
1. Enter your account number
2. Enter the email address associated with your account.
3. We’ll email you a link at that address so you can reset your password.
If you forgot your Account Number or Email Address:
1. Choose Forgot your Account Number or Email Address?.
2. Enter account information (name and account number or email address) so we can find your information and send it to you.
Note: If, for some reason, your account is not found using the information you provide, please contact Customer Service.
Why Am I Being Asked to Create a New Password?
Reading Club has new standards for password security. If your current password does not comply with these new standards, you will be prompted to create a new password when you sign in to Reading Club.
Why It May Be Necessary to Sign In Multiple Times
For privacy purposes, the Reading Club site is designed to sign you out automatically if you have not been actively engaged for approximately 30 minutes. This is an important privacy feature for teachers and administrators in schools where many people often share computers.
+Why are there two different websites to order from?
Items offered in the Reading Club flyers and Classroom Reward Catalogue are available through Scholastic Reading Club Online and are subject to school market rights. We purchase rights from other publishers to republish their books at affordable price, but distribution is only available for the school market. All orders are placed through the teacher and are delivered directly to the classroom. To order from this site, you must have a Reading Club account.
The Classroom Essentials and Les indispensables du prof catalogues are available through our Classroom Essentials website. This site offers products for teachers, educators, and families across Canada. You can login to the Classroom Essentials site using your existing Reading Club Online email address and password. Unfortunately, students in the classroom cannot order from this site.
+Ordering from the Classroom Essentials Catalogue and Les indispensables du prof?
To place an order from either the Classroom Essentials and Les indispensables du prof catalogues, you can visit our online store, classroomessentials.ca! You can login to the Classroom Essentials site using your existing Reading Club Online email address and password. Orders can also be placed by phone, by email, by fax, or by mail. For more details, consult a paper copy of the catalogue or contact Customer Service.
+Benefits and Tips for Placing Orders by Student Name
- Teachers can now enter student orders with student names attached, making book distribution faster and easier! Once you are signed in to your Reading Club account, simply select Enter Orders, then choose Student Flyer Orders.
- Tips for entering student names
- When you are placing Student Flyer Orders online, keep in mind that the way you enter the name will be printed on your packing slip as well as any credit or backorder notes for the student. You can use nicknames if one or more students share the same first name, use last initials, or nickname.
- One example of how this may be useful: A pre-kindergarten teacher who has a morning and an afternoon group, might choose to enter "PM" prior to each student name in her afternoon group. "PM Tommy"
- You can enter names or notes up to 19 characters in length (including spaces.)
- Enter student name once and it's saved for the entire school year. When entering Student Flyer Orders online, the first time a teacher types in a student's name it is stored on the name drop-down menu and will be saved for the rest of the school year. So each time you place a new order, when you select the student name field, the drop down menu will appear with all student names—simply select the name of the student you want to place an order for.
- Enter student name one-time only when ordering multiple items
- When you enter or select a student name from the drop down menu, it will remain in the student name field until you enter another name or leave the page. So enter or select a student name once, and then enter and add all the item numbers for the products they have ordered.
- Receive a packing slip organized by student name with your order
- When you enter orders using the Student Flyer Orders tab, and include student names with each order, the packing slip you receive in your book box will be organized by student name, making book distribution faster and easier!
- Each student order is organized in a perforated grid, making it easy for you to tear out each student order to distribute with the books. Plus, there is a thank you to parents on the back of each tear away receipt.
+Different Ways to Enter Your Order Online
Learn how to enter your order online in this video.
Entering Student Flyer Orders by Item Number and Student Name
Follow these steps to ensure that when the book box arrives, the packing list will show your orders organized by student name for easier distribution.
1. From your Reading Club home page select Enter Orders, then the Student Flyer Orders tab
2. Then enter each paper order form you’ve received from your students. Type in the student's name, enter the item number, and select to have the item automatically saved to your cart.
- Each student name you enter will remain active until you enter another name. So if a student orders multiple items, you only need to enter his or her name once.
- Simply select the name field to see a list of all the student names you’ve entered during the school year—this makes it quick and easy for you to select a name from the list.
- All student names you enter are saved for the school year and can be found and edited in your Class List on your Teacher’s Desk page.
3. If a student has a coupon to redeem: Enter the student name, then select the coupon link under the name field to enter the coupon code. Search for the student’s requested selection by item number, title, keyword, or grade level. Then confirm the selection and the title will be added to the student’s order.
4. Once you have finished entering student flyer orders, select Review Cart at the bottom of the page. Continue shopping or enter your teacher order using the navigation at the top of the page.
5. Send cheques from parents to Scholastic.
1. From your Reading Club home page select Enter Orders then Your Teacher Order.
2. Select By Flyer.
3. Click the appropriate grade and month of the flyer you wish to order from.
4. Then use the order form to enter the items you wish to order.
TIP: To see product information, just click on an item’s title and an abbreviated product detail panel will open. For more information, including reading levels, customer reviews, and more, select the product image to go to the full product detail page.
Entering Your Teacher Order by Item Number
1. From Your Teacher Order page, choose By Item #.
2. Enter the item number and select Add. The item will be listed and automatically saved to your shopping cart.
3. If you’re ready to submit your order to Scholastic, select Review Cart at the bottom of the page, or you can continue shopping or entering your class order."
+Adding to your order after it has been placed
Once your order is submitted online it cannot be changed; please submit a second online order for additional items. (The new order may arrive in a separate shipment.)
Remember, if the additional order contains a Student Online Order shipping will be free, no minimum order required. Otherwise, if the additional order is less than $25, a shipping charge of $5.00 plus applicable taxes will apply.
+Ordering by Phone, Fax, or Mail
You will need your account number to order by phone, fax, or mail. Payment can be made by credit and/or cheque. Please do not send cash. Your books should arrive in 2-3 weeks. Many teachers hand out next month's Reading Club flyer as soon as the book shipment arrives, when interest in reading is at its peak.
To Place Orders by Phone:
Call Customer Service at 1-800-268-3860.
To Place Orders by Fax:
Fill out the paper order form(s) from the Reading Club flyers and include your name and account number on each page. Fax to 1-800-387-4944.
To Place Orders by Mail:
1. Include the classroom order form in your Reading Club flyer.
- Scholastic Canada Ltd.
- 175 Hillmount Road
- Markham, ON
- L6C 1Z7
2. Do NOT include your students’ order forms. Keep them for your records.
3. Write your account number on the form.
4. Include payment: cheque or credit card authorization. Please do not send cash.
5. Cheques should be made out to Scholastic Canada
6. Mail your order to:
+How to Check Out
Step 1: Review Your Order
Before you begin the checkout process and submit your online order (which may consist of items for your classroom and student flyer orders), take a few moments to review the contents of your cart and make any changes necessary to your order. You can access your cart by selecting:
- 1. Review Cart or Go to Checkout button
2. The shopping cart button in the header of each page
Step 2: Apply Any Rewards & Coupons
Review the rewards you’ve earned with your order and look for those that need to be redeemed:
- 1. If you have earned a coupon, type the coupon code into the field provided.
2. If the coupon is for a FREE Book Pick, a window will open for you to select your free items. It will not be applied to items already in your cart.
3. When you are ready, choose Continue Checkout at the bottom of the page to proceed to Step 3.
Step 3: Select Your Payment Type
- 1. Select your Ways to Pay for Reading Club Online Order
- Credit, Cheque or a combination of credit and cheques
- Cheques by mail only
- Purchase order 2. Fill in any necessary payment method information.
3. Select Continue Checkout at the bottom of the page to confirm and submit your order.
- 1. Review your order, then select Submit Order at the bottom of the page.
- An order-confirmation email with full order details
- A shipping-confirmation email once the order has shipped, which includes your order tracking number.
2. Once you submit the order you will be taken to the order confirmation page, which includes the details of your order and the order receipt number. Use the order receipt number if you need to contact Customer Service with any questions about this order. You will receive:
+Why Combine Your Orders
To earn the most rewards, we recommend that teachers submit all orders (meaning, their teacher order, plus orders received from students via the paper flyer) in one combined class order each month. The larger the total dollar amount of your class order, the more rewards you'll earn for the classroom!
1. Opportunities to earn extra Bonus Bank Rewards vary from month to month, so be sure to check a current flyers or your Reading Club online ordering home page for details
2. Promotional rewards are based on when the order is placed, not the month of the flyer.
+How can I increase classroom participation?
Here are some ways other teachers have increased classroom participation in Reading Club:
- Kids love looking at the student flyer when it arrives. Have them point out books that especially interest them.
- Allow students who are familiar with a particular book or author to share their enthusiasm.
- Recommend one or two books to each student that you know they would like to read!
- Remind students to bring in their order forms!
- Use the handy reproducible parent letters in your online Teacher's Desk to send letters or e-mails home explaining the benefits of Reading Club
- At Curriculum Night and parent-teacher conferences, share Reading Club flyers with parents; you can discuss how the books are matched to kids' reading levels and interests and how every purchase helps earn FREE Books for your classroom library
- Feel free to ask for help! Ask for parent volunteers to manage Scholastic Reading Club for your classroom
What Are Reading Levels?
Reading levels are evaluative measures that are applied to books in order to access and classify difficulty and readability.
To learn more, visit: www.scholastic.com/teachers/bookwizard
+How to Receive Reading Club Flyers by Mail
Receiving Flyers Automatically
Fall flyers are automatically sent to Reading Club customers whose accounts have been active during the past two school years. The clubs we send you will be selected based on your order history and the grade(s) you teach. You will continue to receive these flyers automatically throughout the Fall.
Your Fall purchases will let us know which clubs you wish to continue receiving in the Spring. Of course you can see all current Reading Club flyers online, or order them as needed through Customer Service.
Note: If you are new to Reading Club, or have just updated your profile, it may take up to two months before you start receiving the flyers automatically by mail. In the interim, you can contact Customer Service to request to receive the flyers manually. You can also contact Customer Service to adjust your flyer quantity or to stop receiving a particular club.
TIP: If you are an active Reading Club customer but are not receiving your flyers in the mail, please check with the people who handle your school’s mail to make sure that your Reading Club flyers are being delivered to your mailbox.
How to Request Flyers
Call Customer Service at 1-800-268-3860 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org. You should receive your Flyers in 4 to 10 business days.
+ The Flyers You'll Receive and How to Change Them
The Flyers You’ll Receive
Each month (September to June), if you are registered with Scholastic Reading Club and have placed at least one order this school year, you will receive the appropriate grade-based flyers, based on the information in your account profile. The combination of these flyers will provide a wide range of reading levels to accommodate every student in your class. Plus all current flyers are available online, along with a much wider selection of products, including special online-only collections.
How to Change the Flyers You Receive
Some reasons you may want to change the flyers you receive:
- You are not receiving flyers for all the grades you teach.
- You wish to receive flyers for grades other than the ones you teach.
- You are not receiving enough flyers for every student in your classroom or are receiving too many.
To change the flyers you receive, you'll need to update your Reading Club account profile. The Role information you share with us in this profile tells us which grade flyers to send you and how many you will need for all your students.
1. Select My Account then Profile in the header of any Reading Club ordering page.
2. Then choose Edit next to Role to update the grade(s) you teach and the number of students you need flyers for.
Note: Flyers are sent automatically to Reading Club customers. If you’ve placed a Reading Club order, updating your account profile will get you on track to receive the flyers you need. However, it can take up to three months once your profile information is updated for you to start automatically receiving the flyers by mail. In the interim, you can submit a request for the flyers you need through Customer Service.
If you’d like to stop receiving Reading Club flyers by mail, please contact Customer Service.
+Download Flyers from Reading Club Online
From your Reading Club home page, select Enter Orders, then Your Teacher Order. Choose Download for either the Student Flyer or Teacher Pages.
+Club de Lecture
Club de Lecture offers French and bilingual books for all grades and can be found online.
From within your Reading Club ordering site, select Shop from the top navigation bar then select French-All Grades, which appears under Shop by Grade.
You can also find Club de Lecture on Your Teacher Order page and All Flyers from the top navigation bar.
Club de Lecture is offered every month.
Scholastic Reading Club flyers are active (with items available to order) for about 90 days.
Online Alerts to Help You Submit Orders Before Flyer Expires
It’s possible that a flyer could expire between the time a teacher adds an item to his or her shopping cart and the time the teacher submits that order as a part of a class order. Since items ordered from expired flyers cannot be delivered, we encourage teachers to be aware of the flyer expiration dates to avoid disappointing students and their parents.
You will be notified via email if there are any items in your cart that are close to expiring.
Submit your class order prior to the expiration date so that all orders can be fulfilled.
+When You Can Expect Your Reading Club Flyers to Arrive
If you are an active Reading Club customer, you will automatically receive the appropriate flyer(s) for the grade(s) you have indicated in your account profile. Flyers are sent every month, September through June.
+How to Use Your Bonus Bank Rewards
- On the Rewards & Redemptions screen in checkout for online orders
- By filling out the appropriate space on the paper order form
- By telling the Customer Service Representative on the phone
Bonus Bank Rewards can be redeemed from your Bonus Bank any time you place an order. You can indicate the amount you would like to redeem in three ways:
Please note that Bonus Bank Rewards cannot be redeemed for cash.
You can use Bonus Bank Rewards on products from any monthly Reading Club student flyer or teacher page, the Classroom Reward Catalogue, Warehouse flyers, Online Extras, or the Classroom Essentials and Les indispensables du prof catalogues.
+How Bonus Bank Works
What Are Bonus Bank Rewards?
Bonus Bank Rewards are dollars that are earned each time you place a minimum $25 order from the Reading Club student flyers and teacher pages. They can be redeemed for FREE Books and Resources for your class!
Every time you place an order with a Qualifying Order Value of $25 or more you earn Bonus Bank Rewards. Your Qualifying Order Value is the pre-tax total for all orders that you place at the same time from Reading Club student flyers, teacher pages, and student online-only items, less Bonus Bank Rewards and Credit Notes redeemed. It excludes items from the Classroom Rewards, Warehouse flyers, and Teacher Exclusive Back-to-School categories. The Bonus Bank Rewards you earn are automatically deposited in your Bonus Bank when your order ships.
You can check your Bonus Bank balance under My Account, on your Profile page, or by calling Customer Service. To find out how they were calculated, refer to the Bonus Bank Reward chart in the teacher flyer.
Bonus Bank Rewards do not have an expiry date and cannot be applied to an outstanding account balance.
What You Can Purchase with Bonus Bank Rewards?
You can use Bonus Bank Rewards on products from any monthly Reading Club student flyer or teacher pages, the Classroom Reward Catalogue, Warehouse flyers, Online Extras, or the Classroom Essentials and Les indispensables du prof catalogues.
+Your Bonus Bank Balance
Your Bonus Bank balance is available online 24 hours a day and can be accessed by signing in to your Reading Club account.
Here is where you can find your balance online:
1. In the header on your Reading Club homepage and ordering pages
2. On your Reading Club account page, under Bonus Bank History.
3. In the Order Summary box on any checkout page.
4. On the Redemptions & Rewards page, which is part of the checkout process.
5. Your order confirmation email
Click My Account at the top of the page, then select Bonus Bank History to see:
- Your current Bonus Bank balance
- Number of Bonus Bank Rewards earned through Reading Club orders and rewards this year
- A list of past orders and the number of Bonus Bank Rewards you earned and spent
When Are Bonus Bank Rewards Earned Reflected in Your Current Balance?
The Bonus Bank Rewards you earn on an order are automatically deposited into your Bonus Bank at the same time that your order ships from our warehouse, usually within 1-2 weeks of when you placed it. They become available for you to redeem on future orders at that time.
When you use a coupon, Bonus Bank Rewards will be added to your balance once the coupons have been redeemed.
+Paper Bonus Coupons Expiry
Effective August 2017, we will no longer be accepting Paper Bonus Coupons. If you are in possession of any Paper Bonus Coupons, please contact Customer Service immediately to have it added to your online Bonus Bank.
+Growing Your Bonus Bank
- Visit scholastic.ca/referateacher
- Fill in the coupon with your name and account number. (Your fellow teacher will need this information to redeem the coupon.)
- Give the coupon to a fellow teacher who has not ordered from Scholastic Reading Club in the previous two school years. He or she can then redeem the coupon when placing a first Reading Club order of $25 or more.
- Once the order is processed, $20 in EXTRA Bonus Bank Rewards will be added to each of your accounts.
Earning Bonus Bank Rewards with Classroom Orders
Your classroom will earn Bonus Bank Rewards for every Reading Club class order, whether the order is placed online, or by mail, phone, or fax.
Getting Extra Bonus Bank Rewards Through Promotions
You can earn even more Bonus Bank Rewards for every dollar spent, by taking advantage of monthly Reading Club promotions. The larger your total class order, the more rewards you’ll earn. Monthly promotions expire each month, so we recommend that you submit all of your orders from all current flyers together in one combined class order by the last day of each month. Every month is different and opportunities to earn extra Bonus Bank Rewards vary, so be sure to check a current flyer or see your ordering home page for details.
Referring a Teacher Earns Bonus Bank Rewards
When you introduce a teacher to Scholastic Reading Club, you both have the opportunity to earn $20 in EXTRA Bonus Bank Rewards for FREE Books and classroom materials! Here’s how:
Note: If you are the teacher who has been referred to Reading Club and need assistance, contact Customer Service and we will help you redeem your coupon.
+Refer a Teacher to Reading Club and Earn Bonus Bank Rewards!
When you invite or reintroduce a teacher to Scholastic Reading Club, you each have the opportunity to earn $20 in EXTRA Bonus Bank Rewards for FREE Books and classroom materials. Here’s how:
1. Visit scholastic.ca/referateacher
2. Fill in the coupon with your name and account number.
3. Give the coupon to a fellow teacher who has never ordered from Scholastic Reading Club or hasn't ordered in the previous two years. They can then redeem the coupon when placing a first Reading Club order of $25 or more.
4. Once the order is processed, $20 in EXTRA Bonus Bank Rewards will be added to each of your accounts.
+How does the Frequency Program work?
- Earn $20 in Bonus Bank Rewards: When you order 6 times (in 6 different calendar months)
- Earn an additional $30 in Bonus Bank Rewards: When you order 8 times (in 8 different calendar months)
- Earn an additional $100 in Bonus Bank Rewards: When you order 10 times (in 10 different calendar months)
- Only one order per calendar month counts towards Scholastic Reading Club’s Frequency Program (August is an extension of September’s rewards and only one order from either August or September will be counted towards Scholastic Reading Club’s Frequency Program.)
- Orders do not have to be placed in consecutive months to earn milestones, but you must order in every calendar month in order to earn the total $150 in Bonus Bank Rewards.
- Milestones are only earned on orders placed from Student Club Flyers, but orders can combine items from any of the different Student Club Flyers, including flyers from different offer months. (For example, an order with items from SeeSaw September and Lucky October, totaling $25+ combined and placed between September 1-30 will earn 1 milestone.)
- You can only earn the Scholastic Reading Club Frequency Program’s total $150 in Bonus Bank Rewards once per customer each school year.
- Orders must be $25 or more to qualify. Qualifying Order Value is comprised of all items found in the Student Online Order, Student Flyer Order and Your Teacher Order sections of your shopping cart, less Bonus Bank Rewards and Credit Notes redeemed. It excludes items from the Teacher Exclusives section of your shopping cart.
Scholastic Reading Club’s Frequency Program is our way of rewarding loyal customers for placing orders every month! If you place an order of $25 or more each calendar month, you can earn Bonus Bank Rewards. It doesn’t matter which flyers you order from, all items qualify towards your total.
The program has 3 pay-out levels:
To earn the Grand Total of $150 in Bonus Bank Rewards, you must place an order of $25 or more in every calendar month during the school year. To learn more, please refer to the Rewards Program page.
+Redeeming Teacher Rewards and Coupons Online
First redeem your coupon, then select the free items you’d like to apply it to. (Coupons are not applied to items already in your cart.) Click the shopping cart at the top of any Reading Club ordering page to review your cart, then click Continue Checkout to proceed to the Redemptions & Rewards page. To redeem a coupon, type the coupon code into the field provided and click Apply.
If the coupon is a FREE Book Pick Coupon, the book selection window will display so you can choose your free item(s). If the FREE Books you choose add up to more than the dollar amount of the coupon(s) being redeemed, the dollar amount difference will be added to your balance due.
Note: Coupons cannot be applied to a book that is already in your cart. Your FREE Book Pick Coupon must be selected after entering the coupon code. So if you have an item in your shopping cart that you want to purchase using a coupon, you’ll need to delete it from your cart and select the item when you redeem the coupon. Any coupons will be saved until you submit your order or remove them from your cart.
+How to Select Your FREE Book Picks While Redeeming Coupons and Rewards
- Find your selection by searching for the item number, title, keyword, or use Select by Grade Level to choose a grade and see a list of books to choose from.
- Once you’ve made your selection, click Confirm Selection and proceed with Checkout
- Free Book Pick coupons must be redeemed for an item that costs less than the coupon value; you cannot select a more expensive item and pay the difference.
- Free Book Pick coupons must be redeemed for a single item that costs less than the coupon value; they cannot be combined.
- Free Book Pick coupons can be redeemed for a single item only.
- If the item you select with your Free Book Pick coupon costs less than the coupon value, the remaining difference is lost.
How to Select Your FREE Book Picks Earned Through Coupons
On the Rewards and Redemptions screen in checkout, enter the Free Book Pick coupon code into the Coupon field. The book selection window will automatically appear so you can choose your free item.
To choose your free items:
For help on how to redeem Free Book Picks, view our short video.
How to Change a FREE Book Pick Selection
If you have already made a FREE Book Pick selection and wish to change it, you may do so prior to submitting your order. Click the “Edit” button beside the item on the Rewards & Redemption screen and the Make Selection window will reappear so you can change your item. Once your order has been submitted, it cannot be changed.
+Trouble-Shooting Rewards & Coupon Redemption Issues
- Have you entered the coupon code correctly? Please re-enter the coupon code and select Apply.
- Has the coupon code expired? Please check the date on the coupon, as you cannot redeem an expired coupon.
- Has the coupon code you entered already been redeemed on your account?
- The message you received when trying to redeem the coupon
- The Scholastic Reading Club flyer name and month you are using
- The coupon code
- The title(s) and item number(s) for your FREE Book Picks (if applicable). If your order qualifies for this coupon, we will be happy to process the order for you.
If You’re Experiencing Difficulty Redeeming a Coupon Online
First, check to see if any of the following applies:
If none of the above applies:
Please contact Customer Service and have the following information handy so that we can best assist you:
+ How to Redeem an Introductory Coupon Given to You by a Fellow Teacher
Welcome to Scholastic Reading Club! If a fellow teacher refers you, you can each earn $20 in EXTRA Bonus Bank Rewards when you place your first Reading Club order of the school year of $25 or more. These Bonus Bank Rewards can then be used on future orders toward FREE Books and materials for your classroom. To redeem your coupon:
1. If you haven’t already, take a few minutes to register for Scholastic Reading Club by selecting Create an Account on the homepage or calling Customer Service.
2.You can redeem your coupon when you place your first order of $25 or more. During the coupon redemption process, you’ll be asked for: the referring teacher’s name, account number (your colleague should write it on the coupon you receive), and the coupon code.
3.When you place your first Reading Club order of the school year of $25 or more, $20 in Extra Bonus Bank Rewards will be added to your Bonus Bank and the referring teacher’s account!
Note: These coupons do expire. Please check the coupon for the expiration date.
If you’ve already submitted your order and wish to redeem your coupon, please contact Customer Service.
+How to Redeem Coupons for Student Flyer Orders You're Submitting Online
Entering Student Coupons When Submitting Orders by Student Name and Item Number
Teachers can submit student orders by name and item number so that when the book box arrives, the packing slip will be organized by student name.
TIP: Watch this short video with step-by-step instructions for submitting student flyer orders and coupons online.
1. From your Reading Club home page (or top navigation bar) select Enter Orders, then Student Flyer Orders.
2. After you’ve entered a student’s order using his or her name (or initials or alias) and item number(s), click Apply a coupon for this student, which appears just below the name.
3. Enter the coupon code.
4. Search for the student’s requested selection by item number, title, or grade level, then confirm the selection and the title will be added to the student’s order.
Entering Student Coupons When Submitting Student Orders by Order Form
If you prefer not to enter student flyer orders by student name and item number, you can still enter student flyer orders “the old way” using the flyer order form(s). Select Enter Orders and then Your Teacher Order to do this.
If you’re entering student orders using the flyer order form, student coupons will be redeemed just as you would redeem your own.
+Coupons That Can Be Purchased to Give to Students
Student Reward Coupons
Give students the gift of reading on their birthday or as a reward!
Teachers can purchase a booklet of 30 FREE $6 Book Coupons to give to their students on their birthdays! Purchase this $30 booklet with a value of $180 in the memo pages of the monthly flyers.
Each coupon is valid for one FREE Book worth up to $6 or less.
All Student Reward coupons expire at the end of June in the current school year.
How to Order
Once you are signed in to your Reading Club Account, order Student Reward Coupons using the item numbers in your Reading Club flyers, then proceed through the checkout process.
+ Monthly Reading Club Promotions
Monthly Reading Club promotions allow you to earn even more Bonus Bank Rewards for every class order over $25.
Rewards are based on the total of all items from all active flyers submitted together and are determined by the month in which the order is placed.
The bigger your order, the more you earn. That’s why we recommend that you submit one combined classroom order each month.
These opportunities to earn extra Bonus Bank Rewards and other rewards vary from month to month and they do expire, so be sure to check the current flyers or your Reading Club home page for details.For more information, visit our Rewards Program page.
+Special Offer for Teachers New to Reading Club
Place your first-ever order of $25 or more with Scholastic Reading Club and receive a New To Clubs Welcome Kit in the book box with your order. Your kit will include:
1. Coupons for $60 in FREE books! A set of 10 FREE Book Coupons (for books worth $6 or less) to use with future monthly orders of $25 or more.
Note: These coupons are dated and can only be redeemed during the time period printed on each coupon.
2. An opportunity to earn $20 in EXTRA Bonus Bank Rewards for you and a colleague, when you introduce them to Reading Club!
3. A copy of the current school year's Scholastic Reward Catalogue
4. A Reading Club Organizer
+ Shipping to a Different Address
All orders (those placed online or with paper order forms) will be shipped together to the school address associated with your Reading Club account. Addresses cannot be changed once an order has been placed.
If your address has changed because you have changed schools,go to your Profile and select Edit beside your school information or contact Customer Service.
+ Paying by Cheque
All cheques should be made payable to Scholastic Canada.
If you’ve received cheques from parents, it is fine to include multiple cheques with your payment. Just make sure they make the cheques out to Scholastic Canada.
Send payment in the postage-paid envelope provided in your Reading Club flyer. (If you do not have this envelope, you can use any envelope).
Include your name and account account number in the upper-left corner of the envelope you use to submit payment.
Include the order-payment stub (located on the back of your postage-paid envelope), if you have it, to ensure that your payment is processed properly.
Do not include any paper order forms or your order may be duplicated.
Scholastic Canada Ltd.
175 Hillmount Road
Markham, ON L6C 1Z7
+ Ways to Pay for Reading Club Online Orders
Reading Club offers several ways for teachers to pay for classroom orders. Find the way that works best for you.
- Credit Card (VISA, MASTERCARD or AMERICAN EXPRESS)
- Combination of Cheques and Credit Card
- PayPal (Visit PayPal to set up an account or call 1-866-357-0135)
If you receive Student Online Orders from parents through Reading Club Online, they are paid for by parents using a credit card or PayPal, and the payment is sent directly to Scholastic. (However teachers still need to submit all Student Online Orders as part of their classroom order.)
Please do not send cash.
+If There Is an Outstanding Balance on Your Account
If there is an outstanding balance on your Reading Club account, there are two ways you will be notified by Scholastic.
1. You can select My Account, then Billing and Payment to find this information which will include:
- The total amount due and the date as of which it was due.
- A link to see all of your transactions.
- A link to make payment online, the address if you are mailing a check, and the phone number and hours if you choose to pay by phone. 2. You may also be alerted by phone, email or letter.
+Using a Combination of Cards and Cheques
If you are placing a Reading Club order online, and will be paying using a combination of a credit card and cheques, please follow these instructions below:
1. During checkout, on the Payments page, select Payment Method then Combination of Credit Card and Cheques.
2. Choose Select a Card and then the credit card you will be using, or add a new card.
3. Enter the amount to be paid by credit card. (Simply add up the amount you will be paying by cheque and subtract it from your total order. The remaining balance is the amount to be paid with your card.)
4. Mail in the parent cheques to complete the payment.
Parents do not pay any shipping fees for Reading Club orders. Teachers may incur a small shipping fee if a minimum class order of $25 is not reached. However, this fee is waived if the order includes a Student Online Order.
Shipping is FREE on all orders of $25* or more. In order to keep our books affordable for students, there is a $5.00 shipping charge (plus applicable taxes) for orders below this minimum that do not include a Student Online Order.
+How to Get FREE Shipping
Shipping is FREE on orders of $25 or more, otherwise, there is a shipping fee of $5.00.
Shipping can also be paid for by Bonus Bank Rewards. Submit your class order once per month to avoid multiple small orders, or consider adding an extra item to your order to reach the $25 minimum.
+Problem Solving: When Items Are Missing or Unavailable
When Items Become Unavailable
From time to time, we may run out of stock on an item or it becomes unavailable.
If an item is no longer available, it will be listed as such online and cannot be added to your cart or ordered.
If an item is temporarily out of stock, teachers will be made aware of this on their packing slip stating that it will ship separately when it becomes available.
As an apology for the student, you'll be sent a consolation coupon for a FREE book worth up to $6 to be used by the parent and student toward a future Reading Club purchase. A full credit for the cost of the item will be issued.
When an Item Is Missing from Your Order
First check your book box for the packing list that came with the order. If the missing item is temporarily unavailable (on back order) it will be stated on the packing list and the item will be sent to you as soon as it is available.
If an item is missing from your order and is labeled “on back order” on the packing list, we will include a consolation coupon for a FREE book worth up to $6 to be given to the student(s) who ordered those items as an apology for the delay.
+Reviewing Orders in Your Cart Before Submitting
To review the details of orders still in your cart, but not yet submitted, select the shopping cart in the header of any online ordering page. This will bring you to your Review Cart page, where you can see all the orders you’ve entered, as well as any orders received from parents online.
+Order History and Status
Select My Account at the header of the homepage, then Order History from the menu. For all orders, choose View Details to access:
- Order number
- Total dollar amount of the order
- Date the order was submitted
- Order status—if it is currently being processed or if it has been delivered
+If You Need to Return an Item to Reading Club
Any item purchased from Scholastic Reading Club may be returned for a full refund. No explanation is necessary. We want you to be completely satisfied with every purchase and encourage you to let us know why an item has not met your expectations so that we can better serve your needs.
Note: Allow two to four weeks for your returns to be processed.
To make a return, send the item along with the packing list (or a photocopy of the packing list) to:
Scholastic Canada Ltd.
Attn: Returns Department
175 Hillmount Road,
If a packing list is not available, a note containing the following information should be included:
- Name of the teacher who placed the order
- Account number
- School name and complete address
- Please indicate if the item is to be exchanged, credited, or if a refund is requested
If a parent wants a refund, please indicate the name and address of the parent so a credit can be issued to the parent credit card or a refund cheque sent. If the parent would prefer a replacement or exchange, please let us know.
Note: All electronics are CSA approved and come with a manufacturer's warranty. The Scholastic 100% guarantee applies for one month after receipt of the item after which time the manufacturer's warranty applies. To return an electronic item please contact Customer Service at 1-800-268-3860.
+When Will My Order Arrive?
Your order will arrive in 7 to 10 business days after it is submitted.
+How to Receive a Packing List Organized by Student Name
You no longer have to keep the paper order forms to know which student ordered what item when the book box arrives!
When you submit student paper orders online through Student Flyer Orders, the packing list you receive will be organized by student names.
When you receive the packing list, each student’s order is organized in a perforated grid, making it easy for you to tear out and distribute with the books.
+ How to Read the Packing List
The packing list that comes in the book box with your Reading Club orders contains a lot of useful information. We want to make sure you can benefit from it fully, so we’ve created a Guide to Understanding Your Reading Club Packing List.
If you have questions about your packing list or your order, contact Customer Service.
+Manage/Update Your Reading Club Account
Find Your Account Information
To find your Reading Club account information, sign in to your account and select My Account, then Profile in the top-right corner of any Reading Club ordering page. On your Reading Club account page, select Edit next to the information you’d like to update.
Updating Your Teaching Role/Grade Information (Which Determines the Flyers You Receive)
The role and class size you indicate in your Reading Club account profile will determine which Reading Club flyers you’ll receive by mail each month, and how many you’ll receive. Select Edit next to Role to update this information. TIP: If you are a classroom teacher and wish to receive flyers for grades beyond the grade you teach, check those grades also.
Changing Schools? How to Update Your School Information
If you are changing schools, go to your Profile and select Edit beside your school information or contact Customer Service to update your school information.
Taking a Leave?
If you are taking parental leave, a leave of absence, or will be away from school for an extended period of time, please update your Profile under Planned Leave or contact Customer Service at 1-800-268-3860 or email email@example.com to let us know. This will stop all Reading Club flyers addressed to you from being mailed to your school. If someone will be teaching in your place, please ask them to contact us to set up their own account so that your class can continue to order from Reading Club.
Why It’s Necessary to Update Your Account Profile Each Year
It’s important that all returning teachers review and update their profiles to confirm or edit the grade(s) they teach and number of students they have. This ensures that we can send all active customers the correct flyers with enough student flyers/order forms each month. You will only be asked to review and update, or confirm, your profile once at the beginning of each school year.
If You're Experiencing Difficulty Updating Your Account Profile
Please contact Customer Service.
How to Let Us Know You're Retiring
THANK YOU for your years of partnering with Scholastic Reading Club and for helping to instill children with a love of reading. You have made a great difference in the lives of your students! Please update your Profile under Planned Leave or call Customer Service at 1-800-268-3860 or email firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know when you’re retiring and who will be taking your place in the classroom.
Why You Will No Longer Have an Account
Retired teachers cannot have Reading Club accounts because our school-market rights require that all orders be sent directly to classrooms. However, passing on your Bonus Bank Rewards to a new teacher will ensure that students and teachers can continue to benefit from Bonus Bank Rewards earned by your classroom.
How to Check or Pay Your Account Balance
1. Sign in to your Reading Club account and select My Account.
- The total amount due and the date as of which it was due.
- A link to see all of your transactions.
- Credit card payments: 24–48 hours
- Mailed payments: 7–10 business days
- Returned items to be credited: 2–3 weeks
- On a Reading Club order. Simply submit your order and pay the order amount less the amount of the credit. Any credit showing on your account will automatically be applied to your order.
- Request the credit be refunded to you by cheque by contacting Customer Service.
2. Choose Billing & Payments
3. Your Billing & Payments page will allow you to manage your credit cards stored as well as show the details of the balance due and how to submit payment. This will include:
Account balances are updated daily. However, if you made a payment recently, it may not yet be reflected online. Please allow the following amounts of time for your payments to appear:
Using Credits in Your Account
If you have a credit on your Reading Club account, here are a few ways to use it:
Note: If a credit is from a parent order that was not fulfilled, and the child or parent does not wish to use it to toward another Reading Club item, you can contact Customer Service to request that a refund check be sent directly to the parent.
+How to Unsubscribe from Scholastic Emails
To unsubscribe from Scholastic marketing and promotional emails, scroll to the bottom of one of the promotional emails you have received and follow the link to unsubscribe.
If you place orders with Scholastic, you will receive transactional emails, which are receipts for your transactions. You cannot unsubscribe from these emails.
+About Reading Club Contests
Contests are a great way to keep your students excited about reading—and present fun class activities that match your curriculum! We launch new contests on a regular basis to help you keep the reading momentum going all school year.
Browse Featured Contests
+If You’re Experiencing Technical Difficulties
If you experience technical difficulties on the Reading Club website, we recommend a few simple solutions that may fix the issue:
- Sign out of the site and sign back in
- Restart your browser.
- Try a different browser. The browsers we’ve found to work best are:
- IE 10 and above
- Google Chrome v40 and above
- Mozilla Firefox v38 and above
- Safari v8 and above
+Bookmark Reading Club for Quick and Easy Access
Bookmark the Reading Club website in your browser to ensure you can find it easily
1. Go to scholastic.ca/canadaclubs
2. Select Bookmark This Page in your browser's settings
+How to Clear Cookies and Cache
Many browser-related problems can be easily fixed simply by clearing your cache and/or cookies. (Keep in mind that clearing your cookies will remove all website information stored in your browser, such as sign-in information, passwords, site-specific preferences, etc.)
What Are Cookies and Cache?
Your computer’s cache stores temporary Internet files, keeping track of the pages you have visited on the web and saving the information for short periods of time. It is what allows you to hit the back button on your browser and navigate to the previous page you were on.
Clearing with Different Browsers
Follow the directions on how to clear the cache and cookies from your computer.
Internet Explorer 11:
- On the top right of the browser window, select the Tools icon
- Select Safety, then select Delete browsing history… Or if the menu bar is enabled, you can select Tools, then select Delete browsing history… Or you can use the keyboard shortcut: Ctrl+Shift+Del
- In the Delete Browsing History window, place a checkmark in the following check boxes, making sure none of these boxes are checked:
- Temporary Internet files and website files
- Cookies and website data
- Select Delete. You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
Internet Explorer 9 and 10:
- Select Tools, then select Safety, and then select Delete browsing history...
- Make sure to uncheck Preserve Favorites website data and check both Temporary Internet Files and Cookies, then click Delete.
- Close out of the browser and restart.
- You will get a confirmation at the bottom of the window once it has successfully cleared your cache and cookies.
Internet Explorer 8:
- From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options
- Select the General tab, select Browsing History, choose Delete
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History
- Select Delete.
Internet Explorer 7:
- From the Tools menu in the upper right, select Internet Options.
- Click on the General Tab and then, under Browsing History, select Delete.
- Choose the Delete files button
- Select the Yes button
- Deselect Preserve Favorites website data, and select Temporary Internet files, Cookies, and History
- Select the Yes button
Firefox 3.5 for Windows:
- From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear drop-down menu, select the desired range. To clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Select the down arrow next to Details to choose what history elements to clear (e.g., check Cookies to clear cookies), and then Select Clear Now.
Firefox 3 for Windows:
- From the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data, and then select the items you want to delete such as Browsing History, Cache, or Cookies.
- Select Clear Private Data Now.
- Select the Chrome menu (the button with three horizontal dots) on the toolbar in the upper right corner of the browser window.
- Select More tools, then select Clear browsing data.
- From the Clear browsing data window, choose the period of time for which you want the information cleared, ranging from “the last hour” to “since the beginning of time.”
- Then select the items you want to clear, such as Clear browsing history, Clear download history, Empty the cache, Delete cookies, and Other site data.
- Select Clear browsing data.
- From the Safari menu, select Reset Safari.
- From the menu, select the items you want to reset, and then choose Reset.
Firefox 3.5 for Mac OS X:
- From the Tools menu, select Clear Recent History.
- From the Time range to clear: drop-down menu, select the desired range. To clear your entire cache, select Everything.
- Select the down arrow next to Details to choose which elements to clear and then choose Clear Now.
Firefox 3 for Mac OS X:
- From the Tools menu, select Clear Private Data.
- Select the elements you want to clear, such as Browsing history, Cache, or Cookies, and then choose Clear Private Data Now.
Mobile Safari for iPhone OS (iPhone, iPod Touch, iPad):
To Clear Cache and Cookies:
- From the home screen, choose Settings, and then choose Safari.
- At the bottom of Safari’s settings screen, select the buttons for Clear Cookies and Clear Cache. To confirm, select Clear Cookies or Clear Cache again.
To Clear History:
- From the home screen, select Safari.
- At the bottom of the screen, choose the Bookmarks icon.
- In the lower left, select Clear.
- Select Clear History.
+Check your Password
Please ensure you are using the correct password for your Reading Club online account.
If you have both a Reading Club account and a Teacher Store account, make logging in easier by creating a password that can be used for both sites. The password must be a combination of numbers and letters and at least 7 characters. Special characters may be used.
+Submitting a book to be included on Reading Club?
We are happy to review your book for possible inclusion. Reviews will be completed within 60 days and responses will be sent only to those whose books are of interest. Please send a cover letter with your contact information (including email if possible) and one non-returnable copy of your book to:
Published Book SubmissionsPlease do not send original art or last copies. We will make sure that all Scholastic divisions for whom your book might be appropriate get a chance to see it. However, please note that our Publishing division is not accepting unsolicited book projects at this time.
Scholastic Canada Ltd
604 King Street West
+Minimizing our carbon footprint
We are doing a number of different things to ensure our offers are environmentally responsible and have the smallest carbon footprint possible.
- We print our promotions on FSC-certified papers.
- We print in Canada and source our paper from a mill nearby, minimizing the shipping involved in getting paper to the printer, and promotions to schools.
- We wrap our kits in oxo-biodegradable plastic that breaks down over time.
- We continue to reduce our mailings to limit the paper and shipping necessary, minimizing our use of resources like wood and fossil fuels.
+Scholastic Reading Club paper and printing
- We source the paper for our student flyers from an FSC-certified mill in Ontario. This lets us ensure that sources meet the standards for responsibly managed forests.
+The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC)
- The Forest Stewardship Council (FSC) is an international non-profit organization that supports environmentally appropriate, socially beneficial, and economically viable management of the world's forests. In order to certify a paper product the council monitors the paper-making and printing processes, from the forests to the warehouse, to ensure that they are environmentally responsible. The FSC ensures that the forests where our paper pulp comes from are well managed and sustainable, and that the printers are as energy efficient and environmentally friendly as possible. When a paper product has an FSC logo on it, like our promotions, it means that it has met the FSC criteria for environmentally responsible production choices.
+What parts of the Reading Club package can be recycled?
- Once teachers, parents and children have had an opportunity to make their selections from the monthly Reading Club offer, the flyers can be placed in your regular recycling bin. The plastic straps and shrink wrap that hold the Reading Club together when they arrive in the mail are also recyclable.
+Shrink wrap and plastic bags
- Our bags and shrink wrap are made of oxo-biodegradable plastic, which means that they will break down over time. Oxo-biodegradation is a two-step process in which the plastic first starts to break down under exposure to oxygen and heat. The smaller molecules are then further broken into carbon dioxide, water and biomass through reaction with naturally occurring microorganisms. Oxo-biodegradable plastics are not suitable for compost, but they can be recycled.
+Can parents order online during the summer?
Parents are not be able to order online during the summer, while there are no student flyers. But teachers can continue to order during the summer months from the Classroom Reward Catalogue, the Spring Classroom Reward Catalogue, and the Back to School flyer.
+What will happen to the parents connected to my account when the school year ends?
At the end of every school year any parent accounts connected with your Teacher Profile will be removed. This helps in the transition from one school year to the next, with new parents finding and connecting with you.
+How do I confirm my participation in Parent Online Ordering for next year?
The first time you log in after we reset our system in July for the new school year, we will prompt you to confirm your participation in Student Online Ordering so that students’ families can find you for the upcoming school year.
+When can new parents find and connect to my account for the new school year?
Parents will be able to log in again on August 1st and connect to their teacher for the new school year.
+I run a daycare/homeschool. Can I keep my parent connections for next year?
Unfortunately, daycares and homeschools are not be able to keep their parent connections for next year. Parents will have to re-connect with you after August 1st for the new school year.